Tips When Riding in a Group
Don’t focus on the rear tire of the bike in front of you.
- Don’t make sudden movements.
- Use brakes cautiously, if you brake hard you’ll cause everyone behind you to pile up.
- Communicate. Call out actions and conditions i.e. TURNING, SLOWING, STOPPING, DEBRIS, DOG!!!
- Don’t overlap the wheel of the bike in front of you.
- Wait until a full stop to eat that energy bar or peel the banana.
- Know your limitations. If you are tired stay near the back and let the stronger cyclists pull in front of you.
- If you get separated at intersections, the lead group should soft pedal until the rest have rejoined.
- Listen for cars approaching from the rear.
- Watch out for the cyclist in front of you and behind you