Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Basic Bike Maintenance Workshop
CANCELLED FOR OCTOBER-NEXT CLASS - NOVEMBER 15
Cure Your Fix-a-Flat Phobia!
Do you get stressed when you experience a flat? Would you describe yourself as “mechanically challenged?” Has it been years since you cleaned your bike?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then SMBC’s Maintenance Workshop is for you! And the best part is, it’s FREE!
In this fun, informative and hands-on session you will learn:
• How to fix a flat when on a ride.
• Great tips on keeping your ride clean and shiny
• What to do if a spoke breaks during a ride
• What to check before every ride
• What tools you should always carry in your saddle bag
• How to do simple and routine adjustments on your bike
• What to do if your chain should break
• Plus, lots more repair, maintenance and tool tips!
Attending this clinic could mean the difference between a long walk home following a mechanical disaster, or experiencing only the minor inconvenience of a roadside repair before getting back on your way. Our volunteers will de-mystify the basics of bicycle maintenance.
Attendee space in limited. And this workshop sold out very quickly last year.
Don’t delay, sign up today!
When: Saturday, October 19th, 2019
Where: Longwood Park Meeting Room, Sarasota, FL
Time: 8:00 to Noon
What to bring: Your bike
Saturday, October 19, 2019, 8:00 AM until 12:00 PM
6050 Longwood Run Blvd
Sarasota, FL 34243
(941) 232-5678 (p)